A recent study of RDA Europe covering about 40 interviews and 70 interactions with data professionals from various disciplines and organizational backgrounds indicated that there is indeed a need to change methods given the continuously increasing amounts and complexity of the diverse data sets exchanged across cultures, scales, and technologies. This will be needed to tackle society’s grand challenges (addressing rapid climate change, curing cancer and other diseases, feeding and watering 7+ billion people, understanding the origins of the universe or the mind) as well as day-to-day work within most scientific fields.
The purpose of the Science Workshops in Europe and the US is to ask leading scientists to look critically at our work and to give RDA directions for activities.
- First RDA EU Science Workshop Report - February 2014
- First RDA US Science Workshop Report - August 2014
- RDA Data Foundation and Terminology Working Group Output
- RDA PID Information Types Working Group Output
- RDA Data Type Registries Working Group Output
- RDA Practical Policy Working Group Output
- RDA Europe Data Practices Analysis